Valentine Salmon Recipe
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: --
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- zest and juice of a lemon
- salt and pepper
- 4 salmon steaks
- 25g butter, measure using packet
- 200g bag of spinach
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g baby new potatoes
So it is Valentines day tomorrow and if you are reading this on the 15th you may be in the dog house, this might just help you out. A salmon recipe for anyone to cook for their valentine, Honey Seared Salmon with spinach and new potatoes. Enjoy!
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl. Place the salmon in the marinade and leave for 30 minutes.
- Boil the potatoes, drain and leave in the pan, with a lid on, until needed.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and add the salmon steaks. Cook on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes each side until they are cooked through. Add the marinade to the pan for the last minute and heat it through. Keep on a low heat so the honey does not burn.
- Place the spinach in a microwave-proof bowl and cover with cling film. Microwave for one minute. Once cooked, add the butter and mix together.
- Serve the salmon on a bed of spinach with the tomatoes and potatoes. Pour a little of the marinade onto each piece of fish.
add your comment or request a recipe:
The Nosh Team - We had a few comment on facebook about the fact it this recipe was designed for 4 people...well now it is not Valentines day treat your friends to it too :-) slight over site on our part there15 Feb 2013