Sugar-free Roast Beetroot with Honey Roast Gammon
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 2 Hours
- 1.5kg gammon joint
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 bunches beetroot
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- green salad
- Put the gammon joint in a pan of boiling water and simmer gently for 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan oven/200ºC/gas 6.
- Take the gammon out of the water. Remove any string and take off the skin.
- Place on a roasting tray and spread the honey over the joint. Place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Peel the beetroot and cut into small wedges. Place on a large roasting tray with the onions, garlic and oil. Season with salt and pepper and mix together. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes into 2cm chunks. Place on a roasting tray with the oil and season well. Mix together and place in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Serve everything together.