Sugar-Free Gluten-Free Pork with Rice and Beans
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 90 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1kg belly pork, fat and skin removed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons GF/sugar-free soy sauce
- 1 1/2 mugs water
- 400g can kidney beans, drained
- 1 mug basmati rice
- 2 pak choi, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC fan oven/180ºC/gas 4.
- Heat the oil in a large hob to oven casserole dish, add the pork and fry until it begins to brown.
- Add the ginger, honey, garlic and onion and fry for 2-3 minutes, until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the mirin, soy, water and beans and bring to the boil. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven for 1 1/2 hours. Take out of the oven and stir in the rice. Put back in the oven for a further 30 minutes.
- Take out of the oven. Sprinkle the pak choi over the top and then repalce the lid.
- Leave for 2 minutes and then stir in the pak choi.