Sugar-free, Gluten-free Honey Apple Muffins
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 300g GF self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon GF baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 apples, cored and chopped
- 130g melted butter, measure using packet
- 200g raw honey
- 50ml milk
- zest of a lemon
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan oven/200ºC/gas 6. Prepare 12 muffin cases.
- Mix the dry ingredients, in a large bowl, together with the chopped apple.
- Melt the butter and add the honey. If the honey is very thick heat it gently. Mix in the milk and lemon zest.
- Add the eggs to the dry ingredients and mix. Add the butter, etc. and mix gently.
- Spoon into the muffin cases.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. The muffins should bounce back when lightly pressed.