Squash and Spinach Risotto Recipe
Cost: £1.61 / PERSON
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: -
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 700g butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 mug arborio rice
- 2 mugs boiling water
- 1 tablespoon concentrated liquid veg stock, or a veg stock cube
- salt and pepper
- 3 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 150g baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/2 mug grated parmesan
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the squash, garlic and the onions and fry for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and allow it to absorb any juices from the pan.
- Add the water and the stock, season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Turn down to simmer gently for 10 – 15 minutes, stir from time to time. Place a lid or some foil over the pan.
- Once the rice and the squash are tender add the tomatoes and the spinach. You will not need to cook either very much, just allow them to heat through.
- Serve with the grated parmesan.