Healthy Fish and Chips
Cost: £1.30 / PERSON
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
- 4 large potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 520g pack of frozen white fish (defrosted), or 4 white fish steaks
- 3 slices wholemeal bread, made into breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- grated rind of a lemon
- 30g melted butter (measure using packet)
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper
- 2 mugs frozen peas
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan oven/200ºC/gas 6.
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray. Sprinkle with oil, salt and pepper. Mix everything together and stand the wedges on their skins, this helps them not to stick to the tray. Place in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the breadcrumbs, melted butter, lemon zest, sesame seeds, salt and pepper.
- Put the beaten eggs onto a plate and coat each piece of fish with the egg. Dip them into the breadcrumb mix. Place on another baking tray and place in the oven for 20 minutes. The breadcrumbs should be nicely browned. If you are using thicker fish steaks, you will need to leave them in the oven for 25 minutes.