Gluten-free sugar-free Sausage Ragu
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: -
- 2 mugs/500g GF pasta
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 750 GF/SF (Musks) sausages, skins removed
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 fat red chilli, chopped
- 6 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 mug/150ml water + SF veg stock pot
- 250g chestnut mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
- 1/2 mug grated Parmesan
- Put the pasta on to cook.
- Add the oil to a large frying pan or wok, add the onions and fry until they begin to soften. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sausages and fry for 2-3 minutes, breaking up the sausages as you go.
- Once everything begins to brown, add the garlic and chilli and fry for 1 minute, stirring all the time.
- Add the tomatoes, water and stock cube and bring to the boil, stirring all the time.
- Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes, the tomatoes will begin to break up.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Finally add the drained pasta and basil. Season to taste.
- Serve with the grated Parmesan over the top of each serving.