Gluten-free Sugar-free Five Spice Chicken
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: -
- 1 tablespoon Chinese 5 spice
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 fat red chilli, chopped
- 8 spring onions, chopped
- 200g bean sprouts
- 100g mangetout, sliced lengthways
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/2 mug water
- 3 tablespoons GF/SF soy sauce
- Put the 5 spice on a plate and add the chicken pieces, mix together and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the rice on to cook. Once cooked, set to one side with a lid on.
- Heat the oil in a wok, or large frying pan. Add the chicken and fry for 3–4 minutes until cooked through.
- Add the garlic, chilli and spring onions and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the bean sprouts and mangetout
- Mix the sauce ingredients together and add to the pan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 minute.
- Serve on the rice.