Gluten-free sugar-free Crunchy topped pork bake
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 750g pork mince
- 1 green apple, diced
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 200ml double cream
- 1 veg stock pot (see page ??)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 5 potatoes, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 leek, sliced
- 25g butter, measure using packet
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- 1/2 mug grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan oven/200ºC/ gas 6.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok, add the onions and garlic, and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the pork and fry until it is no longer pink.
- Add the apple and mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cream stock pot and spices and heat through.
- In a pan of boiling water, simmer the potatoes for 8 minutes, drain and return to the pan.
- In a separate frying pan, fry the leeks in the butter until they begin to soften. Add to the potatoes and chives and mix .
- Pour the meat mixture into a casserole dish, top with the potato mixture and sprinkle over with the Parmesan.
- Bake in the oven for 25–30 minutes until nicely browned.