Gluten-free sugar-free Chilli Beef
Prep Time: -
Cook Time: -
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 fat red chillies, chopped
- 2 red peppers, roughly chopped
- 500g beef mince
- 1/2 mug water + GF & SF beef stock cube
- 6 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 400g tin cannellini beans
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
- 2 slices GF bread, made into breadcrumbs
- 1/2 mug grated Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan oven/200ºC/gas 6. Cut the potatoes half way through in a criss cross pattern, see photo, brush with oil and season well with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large pan or wok. Add the onion and fry until they begin to soften.
- Add the garlic, chilli and peppers and fry for 2–3 minutes.
- Add the mince and fry until no longer pink.
- Add the water, stock cube, tomatoes, tomato purée and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for 10 minutes. Add the beans and basil. Pour into an ovenproof dish.
- Top with the breadcrumbs and cheese and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve with the baked potatoes.
add your comment or request a recipe:
The Nosh Team - We have noticed this already, thanks for asking though, we just tested it again today and it just needs one fat red chilli08 Nov 2016
Joy Velykorodnyy - Hi, I love your books and have recommended them to all my friends! You have quite a nosh following here in North East Scotland! Just a question about the sweet chilli sauce on page 26 of the sugar free gluten-free book. Where's the chilli? There is no chilli in the ingredients! Can you help?? Thanks so much!! Joy V05 Nov 2016