Gluten-free sugar-free Almond & Apricot energy Bars
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours in the fridge
- 125g flax seeds
- 100g ground almonds
- 120g whole almonds
- zest of a lemon
- 90g desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 80g ready-to-eat apricots
- 75g medjool dates, stoned
- 120g raw honey
- 65g raw tahini
- 60g coconut oil
- 25g toasted chopped hazelnuts for topping
- Grease and line a traybake tin.
- Put the flax seeds in the food processor and whizz until they are broken up, but not dust.
- Add the almonds, lemon zest, coconut, cinnamon, apricots and dates to the processor and whizz until everything is looking like breadcrumbs.
- Put the honey, tahini and coconut oil in a small pan and warm until everything is liquid. Add to the processor and whizz until everything comes together.
- Tip out into the traybake tin and smooth out. Press the hazelnuts over the top.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Cut into small pieces.