Gluten-free Carrot and Butternut Fritters
Prep Time: --
Cook Time: --
- 1 large carrot
- 1/2 butternut squash
- 1 medium potato
- 1/2 onion
- 4 eggs
- 6 tablespoons GF self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
- olive oil to fry
- 150ml soured cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon mayo, see page ??
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 apple, cut into matchsticks
- Grate the carrot, squash, potato and onion (a food processor works well). Squeeze the excess liquid out.
- Beat together the eggs and flour and season well with salt and pepper. Add to the veggies, along with the basil.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and take 1/8 of the mixture and drop in the frying pan. Fry 4 at a time, on a medium heat, for 3–4 minutes each side.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together.
- Mix the salad ingredients together.
- Serve everything together.