Gluten-free Bulgar Wheat Chicken Salad
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: -
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 mug/200g bulgar wheat
- juice of a lemon
- 60g pecans, chopped
- 200g seedless grapes, halved
- 2 celery sticks, shaved into ribbons with a peeler
- bunch spring onions, sliced
- 30g pack dill, chopped
- 2 Cox’s apples, cut into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 300ml natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry the chicken on a high heat for 2 minutes each side.
- Season well. Fry for 4 minutes each side on a medium heat, with a lid on the pan.
- Cut into slices and put to one side until needed.
- Meanwhile, simmer the bulgar wheat in water for 15 minutes. Drain and set to one side.
- Mix the salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Serve the salad with the chicken on top and drizzle over the dressing.