Cost: £0.90 / PERSON
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: --
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 x 340g tin sweetcorn, drained
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 small courgette, diced quite small
- 1⁄2 x 200g block feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper
- green salad and dressing to serve
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1⁄2 mug water
- 1 fat red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- To make the dipping sauce, mix the cornflour with the water in a small saucepan. Add the rest of the sauce ingredients, bring to the boil, stirring frequently. Turn down the heat and simmer for 1–2 minutes. Leave to cool.
- To make the fritters, beat together the flour and eggs; it should be quite thick. Add the drained sweetcorn, spring onions, courgette and crumbled feta cheese. Season well.
- Heat a little oil in a fry pan. Make the fritters by adding the mixture, about 1 tablespoon at a time, to the hot oil. Spread them out a little and fry on medium heat for 1–2 minutes each side. The fritters should be nicely browned and cooked through.
- Serve with the chilli sauce.